MEET THE LATITUDE PROJECT
Drawing on a lifetime of travel, the founders of The Latitude Project work to create stronger communities by working with locals and travelers in some of the world's best surf destinations.
Alanna and Jennifer Tynan grew up traveling to Central America with their windsurfing-addicted mother, where they fell in love and made deep connections with the culture and communities.
They begin to realize just how different their lives in Canada were from those of their friends in places like Nicaragua, Honduras, and El Salvador. While their friends in the southern latitudes were full of life, spirit, and happiness, they lacked access to education, health care, and clean water. Jennifer and Alanna responded by creating The Latitude Project.
We're not claiming to be a couple of Mother Teresas: we're imperfect humans with a desire to leave the world a little better than it was when we got here, mention the sisters. After all the airport line-ups and broken down engines, moments of mutuality and reciprocal glimpses of gratitude, we've come to learn that improving the world and enjoying the world are not mutually exclusive.
"We admire that what drives the spirited team behind ZEAL Optics is not just business but community, heart, and an authentic desire to live what they love. We feel the same tickling under our toes, the same hankering for adventure, the same desire to go beyond the ordinary, with the goal of creating something better.- ALANNA & JENNIFER TYNAN"
- Help Nicaragua Communities “See the Sea” and Win Big in our $500 Outdoor Gear Giveaway! We’ve partnered with The Latitude...
- TONIGHT! RSVP at http://on.fb.me/1MeZcfq
- Dive into the depths of The Latitude Project’s mission as they light the way for future generations by teaching sustainable...
- Changing Global Attitudes With The Latitude Project
- Giving Back And Changing Your Latitude